Overview of the role:
Responsibilities include working closely with one or multiple accountants. This role will include assisting customers, handling cash and invoices, basic bookkeeping, maintaining ledgers and preparing and distributing cheques.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Support duties related to accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Assist with preparation of financial and statistical statements and reports
- Analyse financial information in order to identify discrepancies
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial data
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Compile and prepare routine reports and summaries.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Degree in accounting or related
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Solid data entry skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Google apps
- Ability to learn new tools and software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.