Overview of the role:
An Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for responding to basic client enquiries and other clerical tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records. They also perform a crucial role in reviewing and processing invoices, processing and distributing cheques, audit credit card bills, and more.
Responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Processing and coding all invoices in a timely manner
- Handle incoming cheques and mail that relate to payments, statements or invoices on a day to day basis
- Rectify any incorrect invoices, statements or details
- Process payments as directed by the customer
- Liaise with the accounts department regarding payments and invoices
- Attend to any other duties as required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Data cleansing of all invoices and other information needed in the accounts department.
Required skills and qualifications of this are the following:
- Must have a degree in accounting, bookkeeping or any related course
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in the same or any similar role.
- Must have sufficient knowledge in bookkeeping and account payable principles
- Has the ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records for his/her client.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers is a plus
- He/She must have hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software needed in the role
- Proficient in MS Office(Excel, Document, Powerpoint)
- Has the ability to learn new tools and software
- Has a pleasing personality and is committed to giving excellent customer service
- The highest degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- He/she must have excellent English skills both verbal and written.