Overview of the role:
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide second level support within a company’s IT support team. It generally involves supporting on resolving more technical issues often by remote diagnosis on the phone or via online support.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Handle incoming support requests from end users via both telephone, email or chat in a prompt and courteous manner
- Prioritise, schedule and escalate issues (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician
- Record, track and document helpdesk requests and problem-solving process, including all successful/unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken through to final resolution
- Perform hands-on fixes at desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementation of file backups, configuring systems and applications
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and data cleansing of workstations, printers and peripherals
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices and networking hardware products
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT assets including monitors, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Degree in BS in information technology or related
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a customer service or helpdesk environment
- Strong background in networking, software and hardware
- Knowledge in Windows Server and Active Directory
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in a ticketing system
- Tech savvy
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Self-motivated and with a strong sense of accountability
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.