Digital Marketing Specialist Job Responsibilities:
A digital marketing professional, or specialist, is often responsible for developing the strategy used in marketing a company’s product online, utilizing such techniques in the field as social media, Web analytics, e-mail marketing and search engine optimization, among others. They may put together various online promotions and e-mailing campaigns to get their company’s message out, as well as perform consumer research to discover other ways of reaching customers via the Internet. Other possible job titles for professionals in the field of digital marketing include digital sales executive, SEO marketer and online marketing manager, to name a few. For example, list direct response letters, dedicated e-mail sales and interactive advertising among some of the responsibilities of a digital sales executive.
SEO marketers are required to translate business goals into successful SEO campaigns, analyze the performance of SEO efforts and help clients increase search engine rankings for their websites.
Digital marketing professionals in positions of leadership, such as manager or director, will oversee Internet marketing campaigns from program management to execution. They are usually required to provide clear direction to the other members of the marketing team, such as the copywriter, web designer and sales executives.
Digital Marketing Specialist Job Duties
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Manage organization’s website
- Optimize content for the website and social networking channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, etc
- Track the website traffic flow and provide internal reports regularly
- Fix any error in online content and arrange webinars and webcasts
- Attend networking events and product launches
- Identify new digital marketing trends and ensure that the brand is in front of the industry developments
- Work on SEO of the website pages
- Edit and post content, videos, podcasts, and audio content on online sites
- Promote company’s product and services in the digital space
- Execute social media efforts to improve KPIs, likes, shares, tweets, etc
- Creating and executing SMS, and email-based marketing campaigns
Digital Marketing Specialist Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Internet marketing or a related area